Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your hours of operation?
- When can I check out my books?
- Can I purchase my books?
- Can I get a rental refund for books purchased?
- Can someone else pick up by books?
- Do I need my Southeastern ID to check out my books?
- Do I need my Southeastern ID to return my books?
- Why can't I check out a book that is not set up for the class?
- What are the return deadlines?
- What should I do with my books if the Drop Box is full?
- Normal business hours are 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m Monday through Thursday and
7:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. Friday. During the summer semester, we are open 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and closed on Friday.
- Extended hours during the 1st week of classes are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Extended hours during finals and the first business day following the last day of finals are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- During registration, Textbook Rental follows the same schedule as the Controller's Office
Book check out begins the first business day of Early Fee Payment Deadline week for early registrants.
Can I purchase my books?
Yes, books are available for purchase.
If a student purchases a book from Textbook Rental within the first three weeks of class, the rental fee is refunded.
Yes, your Southeastern ID is required even if you send someone else to check out your books for you.
No, your Southeastern ID is not required when returning your books.
The academic department advises Textbook Rental of which books should be made available for each class.
Books are due the first business day following the last day of final exams. Students will be charged a fine if books are returned the 2nd business day through 5th business day following the last day of final exams. Any late book not returned by the 5th business day following the last day of final exams MUST BE PURCHASED.
If the drop box is full, DO NOT leave your books on the sidewalk or outside of the building. Damage or theft could occur and fees will be assessed. You will need to bring your books back either during business hours or use the drop box when it is available.