About PSM & ISAT
Frequently Asked Questions
- What exactly is the Professional Science Master's Degree Program?
- What is the goal of the ISAT Program?
- How long is the program?
- How do I obtain an application?
- When is the application deadline?
- Are GRE’s required?
- Will fellowships or assistantships be available?
- What courses do I need?
- What types of jobs are available to graduates of the ISAT?
- Is there a research component to this Program?
- Can I study part-time while I still keep my job?
- Whatare the financial arrangements?
Professional Science Master's degree programs are founded by Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The New York-based Alfred P. Sloan Foundation has helped launch new M.S. degrees in 45 institutions with strong graduate programs in the sciences and mathematics. All have been developed in concert with industry and are designed to dovetail into present and future professional career opportunities. For more information please see PSM web site.
What is the goal of the ISAT Program?
The Masters in Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT) is a Professional Science Master’s Degree, developed in part through funding by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. It is an innovative, interdisciplinary program that emphasizes applications of chemistry, computer science, industrial technology, mathematics, and physics in a career enhancement degree. Students who complete the ISAT degree at Southeastern Louisiana University will be able to
- Integrate information and concepts across different scientific and technical disciplines.
- Apply specialized knowledge from chemistry, computer science, industrial technology, mathematics or physics to solve problems that are critical to future growth of local business and industry.
- Work effectively with people who possess various educational and experiential backgrounds.
- Use appropriate technology in communication,
information and knowledge management, modeling, forecasting, and
How long is the Program?
This program is 33 credit hoursand it takesabout 2 years.
Are GRE's required?
Yes. Total score of 850 is required.
Will fellowships or assistantshipsbe available?
Yes. Research, Teaching and Graduate Assistantships are available. For more information please see Graduate Assistantships WEBPage.
What courses do I need?
Students are required to complete
What types of jobs are available to graduates of the ISAT?
- Industrial Engineering Specialist
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Information Manager
- Systems Analysts
- Technical Representative
- Associate Industrial Engineer
- Laboratory Manager
- Project Manager
- Information Systems Consultant
- Computer Programmer/ Database developer
- General manager
- Plant manager
Is there a research component to this Program?
Yes. Students are required to complete a thesis or research project that investigates a significant interdisciplinary, applications-oriented topic centered in the area of concentration. For more informationpleasesee Thesis/Research.doc .
Can I study part-time while I still keep my job?
Yes, definitely. The program is designed for that. The classes are offered at night.