About the Office Student Publications
Some of the services provided by Student Publications include, but are not limited to:
- Produces Southeastern's official weekly student newspaper, The Lion’s Roar.
- Produces Southeastern's official student yearbook, Le Souvenir, which is distributed each year in the Fall.
- Provides students with the opportunity to learn and improve writing, editing, photography, layout, and graphic design skills.
- Provides the campus community with designated public forums for the expression of ideas and opinions in a free and open environment, and the exchange and dissemination of information.
- Produces Southeastern's official Student Handbook, which contains the University's Student Code of Conduct, Policies, and crime statistics.
- Also produces the DSA Orientation Newspaper, the DSA Convocation Program, the DSA Annual Report, the DSA fact book and numerous other publications.
To facilitate the ongoing production of the The Lion’s Roar and Le Souvenir, the student staffs meet on a weekly basis to discuss, plan, and undertake the completion of these nationally-recognized and award-winning publications.
The Lion’s Roar, Le Souvenir, and their associated websites and CD/DVD versions are designated public forums. Student editors have the authority to make all content decisions without censorship or advance approval. Student Publications also defends the rights of student journalists relative to the freedom of speech and freedom of the press as stated in Amendment 1 of the Constitution of the United States of America.
Hammond, LA 70402
Phone: (985) 549-3731
Fax: (985) 549-3842