Top 10 Employee Responsibilites for Movable Assets
- Comply with all property laws, rules, regulations, policies
and procedures concerning identification, management and disposal
of inventory property.
- Assist Property Control to ensure all movable property valued
$1,000 or greater is reported and tagged within 30 days of
- Email Property Control of need to re-tag any inventory items
missing a property tag upon discovery.
- Dispose of inventory and non-inventory equipment through
Property Control by completing a Movable Property
- Surplus idle inventory and non-inventory equipment to
Property Control within the week it becomes idle.
- Dismantle inventory equipment only after written request to
Property Control and approval returned by LA Property Assistance
- Report inventory and non-inventory property stolen by forced
entry or non-forced entry to University Police and Property
Control in a timely manner.
- Notify Property Control of permanent location changes of
inventory property when movement occurs.
- Complete department record form and receive next level
supervisor approval before moving inventory or non-inventory
property to a non-university location.
- NEVER sell, loan, transfer, assign, entrust or donate any
inventory and non-inventory property to any person or entity, or
use property for personal or illegal