The University Office of Admissions receives and processes all applications for Graduate Programs. The following points apply to all applicants regarding admission to a graduate degree program and non-degree-seeking graduate studies.
- Admission decisions are based on a variety of factors such as past academic performance and standardized test scores. In some cases degree program may have additional requirements such as a statement of purpose by the applicant or a restriction on the number of students that can be admitted based on accrediting agency requirements.
- Meeting the requirements for admission does not guarantee admission, only eligibility.
- An applicant is admitted to Graduate Studies upon acceptance and admission into a specific graduate degree program or non-degree-seeking program.
- Only those applicants who demonstrate the potential to successfully complete a degree program or non-degree-seeking program are admitted.
- The graduate coordinator of each program has the authority to grant admission to the graduate program.
- Only a written notice of admission is valid proof of admission.
- Admission is valid for the semester for which it is awarded. Deferment to the next semester requires the student to contact Graduate Admissions and request that the application for admission be updated to a later semester and, in some cases, written approval from the program graduate coordinator.
- A non-refundable application fee is required of all applicants.
Admission to Southeastern Louisiana University for graduate study is open to qualified students regardless of race, creed, color, natural origin, handicap, sex, or veteran status. To be considered for admission, all supporting materials should be in the Office of Admissions by the published application deadlines.