7:30am - 5:00pm
(Closed for lunch
7:30am - 12:30pm
About the Department of Management and Business Administration
Department Head: Dr. Toni Phillips, Interim
- Currently has 678 majors in Management and 639 majors in Business Administration (as of Spring 2010)
- Offers over 80 course sections per semester
- Provides a limited number of courses at off-campus locations
- Teaches a limited number of courses electronically
- Placed over 100 students in internships since the program was implemented in 2001
- Includes sixteen tenured or tenure-track faculty who have published research in their respective academic disciplines, are actively involved in corporate training, doing professional presentations at local and international groups, and promoting the economic developmentof southeast Louisiana
- Employs five full-time instructors and fifteen part-time instructors who bring real world experiences in addition to the appropriategraduate course work they have completed.
- The curricula have been updated on a continuous basis to provide quality education and increase retention and graduation rates.
- The department emphasizes quality advising and service to its majors.
- Dedicated faculty provide effective classroom teaching, engage in applied research, and help majors whenever needed.
The department presents the following awards:
The Distinguished Graduate in Business Administration Award
The Outstanding Academic Award in Economics
The Distinguished Graduate in Management Award
The Society for Human Resource Management Student Excellence Award
Contacting Management and Business Administration:
Department of Management and Business Administration
Garrett Hall, Room 56
Southeastern Louisiana University
Hammond, LA 70402
Administrative Assistant: Ms. Hope Graham
Telephone: (985) 549-2051
Fax: (985) 549-2019
Administrative Assistant: Ms. Paula Morris
Telephone: (985) 549-2086
Fax: (985) 549-2881