Software needed for Collage
- Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 7 is the most compatible browser to use with Collage. Go here to download Internet Explorer
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8, please
these instructions to set it up to work with Collage
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8, please follow these instructions to set it up to work with Collage
- MSXML SP2 Plugin
This plugin is needed for Internet Explorer in order to use the page editor in Collage. If you get an error message similar to "error in Xmldocument create" when trying to edit a file or if you are unable to open a document for editing, then please download and install this plugin to fix the problem.
Java is needed to use Collage, you can get the latest version here.
Some additional software that you might find useful:
- PDF Creator: Easily creates PDF's from any
Windows program. Use it like a printer in Word, Excel or any
other Windows application.
PDF Creator here.
Below are a few graphics programs that offer varying degrees of sophistication. If you need to some basic image editing for your page, one of these may help you. You can always fill out our Graphic Request Form to request a graphic or image be altered or made for you.
- Very Basic Image Editor:Picasa by Google. This is
a photo organization program, but it has some basic and easy to
use features to resize and compress an image. After you open the
image in Picasa, use the "Export" button on the bottom right, you
will be given an option to resize the photo and save it as a
JPEG. Remember to keep your photos small enough that they fit
within the width of the page. You can, if needed, link a
thumbnail to a larger image.
- Medium Level Image Editor: PhotoFiltre is a free
program that is a little more advanced, but should still be
fairly easy to learn to use for basic image manipulation. You can
adjust colors, size, etc.
Download Photofiltre here.
- Advanced Image Editors: Here are two advanced
image editors you can try:
- Paint.net This is a simple, easy to use, yet
very advanced image and graphics editor. You can work with
layers, filters, and many different tools. May prompt you to
download a large ".Net Runtime File" from Microsofts homepage
if you don't have it installed.
- Gimpshop This is a powerful program, but not as user friendly, however if you have experience with programs such as Photoshop, you should be able to find your way around in this. Download Gimpshop here
- Paint.net This is a simple, easy to use, yet very advanced image and graphics editor. You can work with layers, filters, and many different tools. May prompt you to download a large ".Net Runtime File" from Microsofts homepage if you don't have it installed. Download Paint.net here.
While most all of your pages will be edited with Collage's built in editor, those with experience in HTML may need to create or edit an HTML page outside of Collage. Programs such as Dreamweaver will work if you have it, but if not, these free options below should help.