Creating, Managing, and Discarding Tasks
How Do I Instructions for Collage's Classic View
Creating a Task
1. Go to Collage classic view (If not in classic view click “Classic” in top right corner)
2. Click Home on the far left of the grey header bar.
3. Click the new button indicated by the blue suitcase.
4. Complete the new task box:
a. Choose the task template
(click the drop down arrow to select your department)
b. Name the task in the name field.
c. Describe the work to be completed in the description field.
d. Choose a priority in the priority field.
e. Check the Due Date box to select a due date for the task.
f. Check the track status box.
(This makes sure you recieve an email as the task moves through the different states.)
5. Click Next to proceed
6. Click Next on the user assignment screen.
(Your username should be listed here. If you do not see your name in this field please contact the Web site Coordinator's office for assistance.)
7. Click the Next button to proceed.
8. Click the Add button to select the files to add to the task. For example, files would include the index file of the edited web page, as well as any PDFs, word docs, or images that were linked to on the web page. (these types of files should be in the assets folder)
9. Navigate to the folder that contains the file(s) that you edited. Click on the file on the right hand side to add it to the task. When added, the path to the file will appear in the white box below the folder tree.
10. Click OK then click Finish
11. On the Home tab under current tasks and notifications the task you created should appear.
12. Open the task by clicking on the task name (the Overview screenshould appear)
13. On the Overview screen be sure that none of your assets are checked out. Look over your work and if you are done you can now select the done button located on the top tool bar.
14. You will be prompted to enter a comment. Enter a comment such as "Please approve" to send to your approver then hit OK. When you have completed the task a window will pop up that says 'Successfully marked task done'.
1.Open the task you want to discard (click on the task name)
2. When you have the task open (indicated by the task name being show in the grey bar in the upper left hand corner) click the reject button on the toolbar.
3. Input a comment for reason of discarding the task. Do not check "Roll back asset to previous version." Hit OK.
4. You are now finished. The task should have moved to the Other Notifications section on your Home tab.