How to Create News Articles for News & Events Box
How Do I Instructions for Collage's Classic View
How to Create News Articles for My News &
Using Collage's Classic View
1. Navigate to your Articles folder, located in your News folder.
2. Click the New Document button to create a new article page.
- In Document Type field, select news_dept.
- Key in the name of the article in the Name field. Remember,
your document name should be all lowercase -- no caps, no spaces,
and no special characters.
- Key in a description of the article in the Description field.
- Click OK button. Your new Articles page should open in the
3. Click the Metadata button.
Complete the Metadata fields for the news article.
The information you key into the Name field will be what appears on the Internet browser heading.
In the Description field, describe your Web page and its contents.
- Start date:
Start date allows you to control the date that the page will be available for public view on Southeastern’s Web site once the Approver has approved the page. For example, you may create a Web page that is approved today, but because the start date indicates a date the following week, the page will not be viewed on your Web site until that date.
- Expiration date:
Expiration date is the date you wish Collage to remove the Web page from public view on Southeastern’s Web site. If you do not wish to apply an expiration date to your page, just leave this field blank.
Keywords are terms your user audience may use to search for your page. Keywords are separated by a comma, and you may include as many as you can think of.
- Page Title:
This is the Title that will appear as the banner heading of the article page.
This is the semester that the article will be published.
The short_title field will populate your News and Events Box on your home page. You want your short title to be concise but still draw the interest of your Web user audiences.
The site_root_path is the path to your home page folder on Southeastern’s Web site. For example, the site_root_path to the Department of English would be: WebSite/acad_research/depts/English, and the site_root_path for the Office of Records and Registration would be: WebSite/admin/rec_reg.
- Click the OK button again when Collage indicates that the metadata has been applied.
See the Collage Dictionary of Terms for more information on metadata fields.
4. Complete the Content fields on your Articles page.
- In the Title of the Articlefield, key in the
complete title for the news article.
- In the Date field, key in the date of the article.
- In the Author field, key in the name of the author of the
- In the Abstract field, key in a brief summary statement
about the news article.
- In the Image fields, you may place a picture. Insert
image in field of choice,based upon your preference for
thelocation of the image (on top of the article
content, or to the right of the article content).
- In the Content field, key in your news article content. You may format the content in this field. You may also insert images, tables, and links in this field.
5. Click the Save button to save your work.
6. Click the Exit button to close the Page Editor.
Your news index listings page will now be automatically populated with the new article you just added to your articles folder. In addition, the News and Events box on your home page will automatically be populated with a link to the new article.