About the Map
The Southeastern Louisiana University Campus Map is a new and completely redesigned fully interactive map. The map serves Southeastern faculty, staff, students, future students, parents, and visitors to the university. This new map has been completely redesigned from the ground up and is up to date with the recent construction on campus. Further, the new map is easier to use and provides many more features in a new, larger, improved design that parallels the new Southeastern Web design.
The redesign of thecampus maphas been an ambitiousproject of the Web Redesign team. The previous campus map was out of date in both campus buildings and in the technology, design, and ease of use. It was recognized that the university needed an updated and vastly improved map for faculty, staff, students and visitors.
In order to provide ease of use, wide compatibility, and improve the ease of updating, it was decided that the map would be based on Adobe's newest Flash technology. This has increased ease of use, increased functionality, improved usability, and eased the process of future updates and maintenance while keeping download and loading times to a minimum.
- Improved map detail
- Larger layout showing more of the campus at once
- Improved zoom, panning and movement features
- Simplified map makes buildings easier to find and identify
- Coloring of map matches university colors and aids in identifying locations
- Building photos, and easily updatable information for all buildings on campus including which departments or offices are located in the selected building and their contact information.
- Optional data overlays that can be turned on or off allow the user to see more or less information
- Visitor tab will provide information for those visiting Southeastern
- HTTP links to buildings on the map. Example: See the Student Union. For a complete list of the map links visit the Building codes and map links page.
The new campus map went through several revisions before the Web Redesign team felt that it met the desired technology, design and ease of use requirements. Although the new map is a vast improvement to the previous map, there is always room to grow. The map will continually be updated asour campus grows and as new technologies emerge. Feedback received from users will be monitored and data will be collected and analyzed regarding the number of visitors andthe number of units linking the map to their Web pages. For additional information about the Southestern Web, please visit: http://www.selu.edu/webpublishing.