Services for Persons with Disabilities
Sims Memorial Library is wheel chair accessible through the main entrance on SGA Drive. Patrons requiring special accommodations may inquire at any service desk in the Library.
Special Facilities for the Disabled
- Wheelchair accessible stations with access to the Library's Library Catalog are available on all four floors of the library.
- Wheelchair accessible stations with access to the Library's online indexes and databases are available on the 1st and 2nd floors of the library.
- A computer with adaptive software and equipment is available in the Media Department on the 2nd floor. In addition to access to Library's
online resources and Microsoft Office this computer includes:
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows, Internet and DOS applications
- Naturally Speaking, speech recognition and dictation software for hands-free input of text and commands.
- ZoomText, screen text-enlarger for Windows and DOS applications.
- OpenBook, scans, recognizes, and reads texts from print resources, including text-books, journals, papers, etc.
- Keyboard with large-print on the keys.