Laptop Loan Policies and Services
Wireless laptops may be borrowed from the Circulation/Reserve Department on the 1st floor for use in the library.
All laptops are equipped with the following:
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0
- Internet Explorer 7.0
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0
- Wireless network card
- CD-RW/DVD drive
Currently enrolled students may print from the laptop computers to the Media printers on the 2nd floor. Students must sign in to GoPrint to release print jobs. Sign-in access is available on the "desktop" of the laptops. For more information about student printing at Southeastern visit the "Think Before you Print" web page.
- Users must read and sign the Sims Library Laptop Loan Agreement (PDF file) in the Circulation/Reserve Department.
- The laptop computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis to current Southeastern students, faculty, and staff with clear Library circulation records.
- A Southeastern identification card will be required to check out the laptop.
- The laptop will remain checked out until library staff have verified that all components are present and functional.
- Laptops are for in-Library use only and may not be taken outside the Library.
- Laptops should not be left unattended at any time. Laptops found unattended by Library staff will be immediately returned to the Circulation/Reserve Department.
- All laptops must be returned to a staff member in the Circulation/Reserve department.
- All user files and documents must be saved to a recordable CD-ROM, floppy disk, or flash drive, provided by the user, or to the University's NetStorage. All files saved on the hard drive will be erased when the computer is returned. More information on NetStorage is available at: http://www.selu.edu/admin/technology/resources/netstorage/
- Laptops may be borrowed for a 2-hour loan period or until 15 minutes before the Library closes, whichever is earlier.
- Laptops can be renewed only if there are no holds on the laptop or no other user is waiting.
- All computers must be returned 15 minutes before the Library closes; laptops not returned before the Library closes will be considered lost/stolen and the user will be billed for the full replacement fee.
- Replacement cost: no less than $1300.
- Overdue fine: $1.00/hour.