Faculty and Graduate Student Study Carrels
Sims Library houses 41 faculty and 22 graduate study carrels. Applications for the carrels for a new semester may be obtained online or from the Library Administration Office (Rm. 241). The form should be turned into the Office the last week of the preceding semester or ASAP thereafter. All carrels are reserved on a first-come basis.
Policies for Graduate Study Carrels
- Graduate study carrel keys are distributed at the beginning of each semester.
- Selections for the distribution of the graduate carrels are based on the student's academic status.
- Graduate carrels are issued for one semester only. Returning students must re-apply each semester.
- A waiting list for graduate carrels is held for each semester.
- If a student does not report to room 241 to pickup his/her key by the end of the first week, the next student on the waiting list is assigned the room.
More information about Group Study Rooms.