About the Office of Veteran Services
The Office of Veterans Services at Southeastern Louisiana University and VBA closely monitor each student veteran’s enrollment status and academic program. The student’s educational benefit is based upon the number of credit hours applicable to his/her academic degree program.Student VeteransResponsibilities
- Veterans are required to contact the VA Benefits
Certification Official in the Veterans Services Office each
semester to complete the SoutheasternCourse Certification
form to begin receiving educational benefits.
- Verify on-line monthly through WAVE [www.gibill.va.gov] or
- Register only for courses that are required for completion of
your selected degree.
- Do not register in courses for which you have previously
received a passing grade/credit (even if taken at another
- Notify the VA Benefits Certification Official if you:
- Change major programs
- Change course load
- Withdraw from classes
- Change your address. (You must inform the Department of Veterans Affairs.)
- Have depleted your VA educational benefits.
As a recipient of VBA Educational Benefits:
- You are eligible for payment of remedial courses if placement
test scores justify the need.
- Any overpayments incurred are your responsibility and not the
responsibility of the Southeastern Louisiana University Veterans