Student Rights, Responsibilities and Requests
The University affirms the following student rights and privileges in disciplinary proceedings:
- To be informed of the Student Code of Conduct and its corresponding procedures;
- To petition for redress of a grievance arising from an incident which violates University policy and/or the Student Code of Conduct.
- To receive notice of any alleged violation of University policy and/or breaches of the Student Code of Conduct.
- To have the benefit of an opportunity to be heard by an impartial Hearing Board or Hearing Officer in addressing an allegation(s) of a violation of University policy.
- To have an advisor, including an attorney, present in a hearing.
- To examine evidence to be used against him or her;
- To view the list of witnesses against him or her at the administrative discipline conference or prior to a hearing in front of a hearing board
A flow chart explaining the flow of a complaint through the conduct case process.
This form should be completed by the student if they choose to have someone present with them at the Disciplinary Conference or Hearing
Students' Rights and the Role of an attorney in the Hearing Process
Sanction Verification Forms
Guidelines that must be followed for writing an apology letter
To be completed by the Educational Service Project Leader to verify that service work was completed
This form is to be provided to a licensed mental health provider by the student and returned to our office. Discharge must be completed in order to meet the sanction requirement.
This release represents your written consent to disclose Student Conduct Records maintained by Southeastern Louisiana University to designated parties.
This form must be completed by the appropriate official that handles student conduct administration at the college/university that you are transferring from. Your application for transfer admission will not be processed until this form is returned.
This form must be completed by the Office of Student Conduct at Southeastern Louisiana University before you transfer to another college/university.