L.I.V.E. the Code
Campaign To Encourage Leadership, Integrity, Values, and Excellence
The Office of Student Conduct at Southeastern works with students to encourage honorable behavior that models the Code of Conduct. L.I.V.E. the Code is a campaign to recognize students, who uphold worthy characteristics such as leadership, integrity, values, excellence, responsibility, citizenship, respect for self, peers, educators, and community.
Students are nominated by University Administration, Faculty and Staff, or by an active recognized student organizations' president during the spring semester. Only one Live the Code award will be given. This winner will be recognized at the DSA Annual Convocation held each May.
- Sophomore status or above
- Must be free of any infraction of the Code of Conduct
- Considered in Good Disciplinary and Academic standing during the fall and spring semesters.
- Enrolled full-time (12 hours or more)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be active in one or more extracurricular activities or organizations on campus and demonstrate leadership and involvement.
- Has shown outstanding contributions in the community on and off-campus, going above the call of a traditional student.
- A committee of representatives from a variety of areas on campus will review the applications and make a selection based on the criteria above.
- Selection is based on involvement in student organizations, committee appointments, honors, awards, and community service.