Sammy Genco Scholarship
MUST BE SUBMITTED on or before July 31 for the Fall Semester and on or before November 15 for the Spring Semester.
- The Applicant must be a Southeastern Louisiana University
Senior for the semester applying for.
- Applicant must have worked for the Recreational Sports and
Wellness Department for at least a year.
- Applicant must have participated in at least two events or
areas of the Recreational Sports and Wellness program the
- Applicant must have a 2.4 or higher cumulative GPA.
CONTACT Rec Sports at (985) 549-5591 or visit the facility for an application.
CLIFFORD WEST, JR.
Endowed Scholarship fund
MUST BE SUBMITTED BY the last day of class during the SPRING Semester.
- The student should participate in the intramural sports program as a freshman at Southeastern Louisiana University. This may be as a participant, referee, scorekeeper, or supportive role for the program (employee of RSW).
- The student must have completed one year at SLU and maintained a 2.0 average or better.
- The student selected should be active in SLU extracurricular activities and be a well-rounded student.
- The student can major in any academic area at Southeastern Louisiana University.
- The student must have a demonstrated financial need.
Criteria for maintaining scholarship:
- The scholarship may be maintained for a total of four years.
- The student must maintain an overall grade point average of
2.0 or better.
- The student must be enrolled as a full time student for the
four-year period of eligibility.
- The student will write a thank you letter each year to the H.B. Kenyon and West families, and be available to visit with the families at least once a year, to inform them of his or her progress.
CONTACT Rec Sports at (985) 549-5591 or visit the
facility for an application.