Name Change Request
A student may file a request for a name change with the Office of Records and Registration. Name change requests must be accompanied by copies of supporting documentation:
- Social Security Card (needs to include your new name and signature)
- Legal documentation authorizing the name change:
- Marriage (copy of marriage license)
- Divorce (copy of divorce decree)
- Court Order (copy of court order)
- Other reasons (copy of legal documentation to be reviewed)
Name changes may not be done over the telephone, Web, or email. You may download a Name Change Form and mail it or fax it to us at:
Office of Records and Registration
SLU Box 10752
Hammond, LA 70402
Fax (985) 549-5632
You may bring your request and supporting documentation to the Enrollment Services reception area located in the North Campus -Main Building (NCMB) room 113.
Important note: If you are currently enrolled, your new name will not be changed on university records until the end of the current school session. Therefore, please continue to use the name under which you registered throughout this current school session.