Delta Alpha Pi International Honor Society
"Working for an aDAPtable World"
Delta Alpha Piwas founded at East Stroudsburg University in 2004 to recognize the academic accomplishments of students with disabilities. The Alpha Upsilon Chapter was founded on Southeastern's campus during the Fall of 2010. The Greek Letters stand for D for Disability, A for Achievement and P for Pride
Purpose:Because of the negative stereotyping associated with disability, students have been reluctant to identify themselves publicly. Delta Alpha Pi International Honor Society presents an opportunity to change that perception by recognizing students with disabilities for their academic accomplishments. In addition this honor society facilitates development of skills in leadership, advocacy and education for participating students.
All Students must:
- Present with a documented disability and work with one of the faculty or staff members in the Office of Disability Services
- Demonstrate an interest in disability issues.
Undergraduate students must have:
- Completed a minimum of 24 credits
- Earned an overall Quality Points Average of 3.10
Graduate students must have:
- Completed a minimum of 18 credits
- Earned an overall Quality Point Average of 3.30
For more information, please contact:
Office of Disability Services (985) 549-2247
Chapter President, Kelley Murphy