Guidelines for receiving textbooks in alternate formats
In order to receive alternative formatted textbooks you must have alternative format listed as one of your accommodations. The following are procedures to receiving textbooks in electronic format.
- Fill out the Alternative Format Textbook Request Form. Keep in mind that the request process takes several weeks and schedules should be submitted as soon as they become available to you.
- It is your responsibility to notify the Office of Disability of any changes to your schedule.
- You will be notified via email once your books have arrived. At this time you will be required to submit the following:
- Proof of Textbook Rental check-out. Textbook rental sends out an email to every student, with a list of textbooks that have been checked out. A printout of this email will be sufficient.
- Receipt of any textbooks that need to be purchased from the Southeastern Bookstore or any other viable bookseller.
- If you have been notified that a textbook is unavailable in an electronic or audio format, you will need to submit the textbook accompanied by the corresponding class syllabus for scanning. All textbooks that need scanning should be submitted as soon as you are notified that your textbook is unavailable in alternative format.
Once all requirements havebeen submitted, you must physically come into the Office of Disability Services and pick up your alternatively formatted textbook which will be provided to you in a CD format. You will be required to sign an Alternative Check-Out form for all CD's issued in electronic format and/or Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic (RFB&D) Check-Out form for all audio books issued by RFD&D.
You will be required to return any CD's check out of the Office of Disability Services at the end of every semester.You will have until the Monday following the last day of finals to submit all CD's. Failure to submit any CD's will result in the inability to check-out textbooks for the following semester.
All CD's are property of the Office of Disability Services. It is your responsibility to keep the CD's safe and in your possession. If any CD is lost or stolen a fee of $20.00 per bookwill be added to your Southeastern account. You will be unable to check-out any CD's until your fee has been paid.
It is against copyright laws to duplicate and CD's issued by the Office of Disability Services.
Hammond, LA 70402
Mims Hall, Room 117