Frequently Asked Questions
- Can anyone use The Document Source, or just faculty and staff?
- Can The Document Source run any job?
- How do I make desktop publishing and graphics requests?
- How can I get service, supplies, training or other support for the Xerox copier/printer located in my office or department?
- How do I submit a job request to the copy center?
- I need a test copied quickly and would like to wait for the job to be completed. What can I do?
- What if I need a job returned at a specific time?
- Should I keep the receipt I get when I drop off a job?
- How can I be sure that I am billed properly for the work I submit?
- What is the University Department delivery schedule?
The Document Source is open to Southeastern students, faculty and staff, as well as the general public.
Our associates are professional and offer expert assistance to all customers. We will strive to meet turnaround times and material requirements. However, it is against policy to duplicate copyrighted materials. We do offer copyright clearance for your convenience.
Send all of your desktop publishing and graphics requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also call to speak to an associate regarding the specifics of your request. Document Source associates can be reached at (985) 549-5565.
Faculty and Staff FAQs
The Campus Card Operations staff supports the multifunction copiers/printers located in the various departments on campus. Call (985) 549-3990.
The document to be copied must be submitted with the appropriate job ticket. You will be given a job ticket tracking number that must be presented when retrieving your completed job. When submitting your request, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Budget Unit Number
- Date/Time Submitted
- Date/Time Due
- Department Head (and signature if required by department)
- Phone Number
- Requester's Name
- Number of Originals
- Number of Copies
- Any specific details regarding the job not covered by the ticket
Tests can be copied while you wait. Inform the Document Source staff that you have a request for a test to be copied and they will be happy to run the copies while you wait. Waste copies from tests will returned to the instructor.
While we cannot always guarantee a turnaround time we will work very hard to meet your needs. Please enter a specific time and/or date needed in the appropriate space on your order request form. This will allow us to prioritize work to help meet your needs. Jobs can be picked up anytime after the agreed upon completion time.
Yes, think of it as a claim check. Each job receipt has the number that was assigned to your job(s). Our orders are tracked by this number. By having this number any questions regarding the job can be answered in a more timely manner.
In the case of sensitive documents (i.e. tests and quizzes), the receipt is required to receive a completed job. Without this, picture ID and/or departmental confirmation is required.
The yellow copy of the job ticket will be returned with the completed job to the department for their records.
The Document Source makes departmental deliveries Monday thru Friday during normal business hours. When placing orders, simply request delivery.
Back to Top