Requirements for Student Teaching Secondary and K-12 Education Majors, Spring and Fall 2012
- Pass all required parts of Praxis I and II.
- Have a cumulative or degree grade point average of 2.5 and a 2.5 cumulative or degree grade point average in work completed at Southeastern.
- Have completed and earned a grade of “C” or better in all required professional courses: Education (EDUC) and Educational Psychology (EPSY).
- Have completed and earned a grade of “C” or better in all required courses in the teaching field. These courses are identified with a single or double dagger ( † ) on the curriculum sheet and cannot be taken or repeated with student teaching.
- Have completed EDUC 201 and 211 or 203 and 212 with a grade of “B” or better.
- Have completed the final methods course (EDUC 490 or Departmental Level Course) at Southeastern with a grade of “C” or better.
- Have completed an approved Developing/Combo Level portfolio.
Click on the link below for Praxis information and requirements
- Code (RA 6656) for Southeastern to receive an original copy of your Praxis scores. You will be required to submit an original copy the semester you student teach if not coded correctly.
- You must code your Social Security number when completing Praxis forms. Don’t wait until the last test date prior to student teaching to schedule a required Praxis test.
- A student may meet degree requirements as stated in any Catalogue in effect during the years of enrollment provided seven years have not elapsed since entering the major. A break of one calendar year places a student in another catalogue upon re-entry.
- A required orientation meeting will be held on the Wednesday of registration week prior to beginning student teaching the following week. Attendance is required at the orientation meeting.