Lab School Athletics
Southeastern Louisiana University Laboratory School Athletics
The Lab School offers a variety of sports activities for our students to participate in. They are:
Lab School students in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 are invited to become members of our league ranked soccer team.
Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball:
Boys and girls in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 are invited to play basketball for the Lab School Cubs. Practices usually begin in October.
Girls in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 are eligible to play volleyball at the Lab School. Practices begin in August. Our players and students are excited about the upcoming season.
Students in grades 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are invited to become members of the co-ed Cubs’ track team.
Girls in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 are invited to become members of our softball team. Tryouts are usually held in January with practices and games starting soon after.
Girls in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 are invited to try our for our Cub Cheerleading squad. The team begins practicing in May and is under the direction of Pam Mashon.
In order to participate in any sport, student athletes must maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average, pay a $25 athletic fee (for one sport and $10 for each additional sport),and turn in the following information:
- A letter from a physician stating that the student has had a complete physical and is able to participate in sports.
- A North Oaks Health System “Authorization to Disclose Drug Screen Results” form.
- A Tangipahoa Parish School System “Substance Abuse/Misuse Student Athlete Contract”
- A signed Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
- Signed Parent/Legal Guardian Code of Conduct
Participation in the North Oaks Sports Medicine Program is optional but highly recommended.