Master of Science in Biology
To be considered for regular admission to the Master of Science Degree program in Biological Sciences, an applicant must:
- Meet all University admission requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete at least thirty (30) semester hours of undergraduate biology courses.
- Submit at least a 1000 score on the General Test of the GRE (Verbal and Quantitative).
- Submit transcripts documenting a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, a curriculum vita, and a letter of intent to the Biological SciencesGraduate Coordinator, following procedures outlined on the Department’s web page.
- Students who do not meet the requirements for Regular Admission may be granted Provisional Admission upon approval by the Graduate Faculty. Students with Provisional status must achieve at least a 3.0 grade point average during their initial nine (9) hours of coursework or they will be dismissed from the program.
Up to nine (9) credits may be applied to the degree for a Provisional student who moves into Regular status. All courses will appear on the graduate transcript and in the GPA calculation. The Graduate Coordinator determines which courses will apply to the Degree Plan.