Adult Nurse Practitioners (ANP) and with a Master's Degree in nursing from a nationally accredited graduate nursing program are eligible to apply to the Post-Master's Certificate Program. Formal application to the university is required. Admission requirements include the following:
- A minimum graduate GPA of 3.00 as verified by transcript submission
- Evidence of national certification as an ANP
- A current unencumbered registered nurse license in the State of Louisiana
- Post Master's Student Information Form (See below)
- Two professional references
- Current resume
The Graduate Nursing Program admits students three times per year. See application deadlines below for Post-Master's Certificate Program.
Deadline for submission of materials:
For First Cohort - November 1st
For Second Cohort - April 1st
For Third Cohort - June 1st
**APPLY to the university for graduate school through the www.selu.edu and submit materials requested (for example, immunization form) by application deadline. Select Extended Studies from the drop box under Academic Program Plan.
SUBMIT the following to the Graduate Nursing Office in a single envelope:
1. Evidence of an earned master's degree as an Adult Nurse Practitioner.
2. Official transcripts from each degree-granting college and university previously attended to the Graduate Nursing Office at Southeastern.
3. Post Master's Student Information Print upon completion and include with other documents.
4. Evidence of current, unencumbered Louisiana nursing licensure.
a. RN license
b. APRN license (nurse practitioners)
5. Two statements of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant's capacity for academic work and clinical performance.
a. One form must be completed by a former faculty member in a nursing
program, a current or former nursing supervisor or nursing leader.
b. One form must be completed by someone who can attest to the competencies
and expertise of the applicant at the Advanced Practice level.
6. Current resume or curriculum vitae.
7. A document, prepared by the applicant which addresses the following; the applicant's goals for completing the Post-Master's certificate in family health.
Prior to enrollment, students will be required to submit to background checks, drug and alcohol screening, and must meet program health requirements. These screenings will be conducted at the student's expense.
Students should be proficient with methodologies utilized in distance education and must possess computer equipment and technology which is compatible with the university learning management systems (e.g. Moodle). Students will be required to attend onsite Post-Master's Certificate Program Orientation (to be scheduled).
Include all items in a single envelope and mail to:
Hammond, LA 70402
The envelope containing application materials (items listed under 1 - 6) must be received in the Graduate Nursing Office no later than the semester deadline posted on this webpage.
For more information:
Administrative Assistant: Virginia Johnson