Graduate Nursing Admission Information
Admission to Graduate Nursing Program
Checklist for Materials to be submitted for application to the Graduate Nursing Program
The graduate nursing program admits students Fall and Spring semesters.
All documentation needed to support application to the graduate nursing program must be submitted prior to the deadline for application to the University for the following semester.
Deadline for submission of materials:
For Spring semester - November 1st
For Summer semester - April 1st
For Fall semester - June 1st
1) APPLY to the university for graduate school through the www.selu.edu and submit materials requested (for example, immunization form).
2) HAVE all transcripts sent to Southeastern.
3) Official GRE scores must be provided to evaluate your application packet. Information about the GRE is located at www.gre.org.
4) SUBMIT the following to the Graduate Nursing Office in a single envelope.
- MSN Student Information Print form upon completion and include with other documents.
- A curriculum vita (resume) including the applicant's full name, address, telephone number(s), email address(s), academic preparations, degrees held, honors, awards, special interest, work history, and relevant information.
- Evidence of a valid, unencumbered Louisiana Registered Nurse license.
- A statement of purpose explaining the applicant's goals in pursuing a graduate degree in nursing, potential contributions to the Masters program at Southeastern, and plans for nursing practice upon completion of graduate study.
- Two Letters of recommendation (using the recommendation form) from individuals who can attest to the applicant's capacity and commitment for study at the masters' level and potential for academic success. One letter should be from a former faculty and the other from a nursing supervisor. Each recommendation form must be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature over the seal of the envelope.
Include all items in a single envelope and mail to:
Hammond, LA 70402
The envelope containing application materials (all items listed under #4) must be received in the Graduate Nursing Office no later than the semester deadline posted on this webpage.
For questions, appointments or more information:
Administrative Assistant: Virginia Johnson