Summer 2013 Hours
7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
Friday - Closed
Kinesiology and Health Studies
The Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies is one of the largest of its kind in the state with over 600 majors, and a variety of degree programs.
Undergraduate areas of study are:
- Athletic Training
- Exercise Science
- Fitness and Human Performance
- Health and Physical Education Teacher Education
- Health Education and Promotion
- Health Studies (Allied Health)
- Sport Management
- Courses leading to add-on teacher certification in Adapted Physical Education
The department also offers a masters degree in Health and Kinesiology with several
concentrations from which to choose.
Department Head: Dr. Eddie Hebert
Location: Kinesiology and Health Studies Building, 400 Tennessee Street
Phone: (985) 549-2129
Fax: (985) 549-5119
Mailing address: SLU Box 10845, Hammond LA 70402
The Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies at Southeastern Louisiana University is a member of the American Kinesiology Association.