Recommended Procedures for Submitting Proposals
- Proposals must have been approved and signed by the following prior to submission
to the Council for Teacher Education (CTE): (1) Chair, Department Curriculum Committee,
(2) Department Head, (3) Secretary - University Curriculum, (4) Chair, College Curriculum
Committee, and (5) College/School Dean.
- Proposals must be received by council members at least one week prior to a scheduled
meeting. Copies of the original proposals and two copies must be submitted to the
Chair of the CTE at the same time. Proposals may be duplicated on white paper. A recommendation
to cut duplication cost is to place two pages side by side and reduce the print.
- A cover memo summarizing the proposed changes should be attached to the front of all
proposals submitted by a department. Proposals should then be arranged in the order
listed on the memo for consideration by the CTE. Group similar changes together (for
example, course deletions) and in numerical order. It is helpful to number pages.
- Departmental representatives should notify their department heads when CTE meetings
have been scheduled.
- When proposals impact the curriculum offerings in other departments, the department
head submitting the proposed change should consult with the department head(s) prior
to the CTE meeting.
- Since departmental representatives are most familiar with teacher certification policies and procedures, it is important for them to attend CTE meetings and not send a substitute.